The Sales Technology Landscape is intended to help sales professionals, executives, business leaders, consultants, investors and analysts to better understand the sales technology available to support sales organizations, and to track the changes that occur in our industry over time. We will update the landscape every 6 months and welcome feedback on new entrants, missing companies, categorizations and mis-categorizations!
Sales Technology Landscape – May 2013
The goals of the sales technology landscape are:
– Identify and describe technology that supports and enables the sales organization and it’s sellers
– Exclusion of categories where professional sellers are not typically used or involved
– Provide a framework to discuss, track and review different market segments and vendors
– Reflect the latest M&A activity, and use the branding of the acquiring organization – see Acquisitions
– Preserve and respect all branding, marks and logos (with white background)
– No favoritism in the order, size and prominence of any company or logo. Honest.
Many of the traditional systems that support sales have been administrative, and been purchased and maintained by other functions of the business. These systems often provide little assistance to sales leadership in understanding and managing their business.The situation is worse for salesperson; what ends-up on their desktop/laptop/tablet is a pot-pourri of systems and tools that often requires more time to ‘manage around’ than to actually use in the pursuit of their sales goals, and closing more business.
The good news is that this situation is changing rapidly and the adoption of new sales technology that provides real insight to sales leadership and true productivity gains for salespeople is gaining momentum.
The rate of change of the sales technology landscape is increasing and I am sure we will be defining and adding new categories, vendors and definitions rapidly. We will review the sales technology landscape every 6 months and incorporate changes. We welcome all comments, suggestions and complaints! We hope you enjoy.